Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ice

Traveling down the nostalgic lane…

I remember when I was young, I used to go to my “nanihaal” that’s Ujjain in every summer vacations. Used to stay there for around a month.

My cousins used o stay at Ujjain and Indore. The ones in Indore used to come to Ujjain. I remember all the four them since I remember me. We literally grew up together having loads of fun and at times fights.

My nanaji’s and naniji’s home was well known, it was a like a big haveli. We all used to play hide and seek, cricket etc etc… till the night fall. Then used to eat and sleep after a pillow fight or elder bro reading book to us .

The preparation of sleeping used to start from 6 PM in the evening. We used to put the beds on “patra” (iron sheets) on the roof. The idea was that by the time it was 10-11 PM i.e. sleeping time, the beds used to be sooo cold, it felt like ice. We used to sleep on each others beds so that our own beds do not lose the ice-effect. It was loads of fun and that’s when the pillow fight used to start.

Staring at the clear starry sky, we used to drift into sleep. Today, after so many years, when I stare at the sky, at times I remember those ice cold beds, those brothers, who are still here but we hardly can meet, those care free days where the only worry was where do I hide tomorrow so that I do not get caught.

:-)

Good and cherished memories...

No comments: