Thursday, June 11, 2009

The traveller of life…

There was a time in my life when the only pants i had in my wardrobe was jeans – all colours, the only thing I wanted to be was Indian Airforce fighter pilot (flying MIG 29. At least a Miraz 2000 or a Jaguar- india did not have Sukhoi then and MIG 29 was the best interceptor we had, the only bomber we had for a long time was MIG21 which is now called the flying coffin), didnt ever want to do engineering, didnt ever want to get married and live alone in a nice house on the 50th floor of a building overlooking a very busy road, drive a nice convertible or a Willis.

Then the time came when I knew I wont be able to join air force because I have spects, not even Navy, to fly sea-harriers because they are also supersonics, still the only pants i had in my wardrobe was jeans – of all colours, did not wanna do engineering, wanted to do CA. Or MBA from IIM and join Mckinsey or Lehman Brothers. Still did not want to get married ever, live alone in a nice house on the 50th floor of a building overlooking a very busy road and drive a convertible or a Ferrari.

Then there was a time in my life while i was doing my engineering, the only pants i had in my wardrobe was jeans – all colours, never wanted to go into IT, wanted to join IIM and join a Mckinsey or a Lehman Brothers. Did not want to get married, live alone in a nice house on the 50th floor of a building overlooking a very busy road and drive a Mercedes or a Ferrari.

Then the time came when I was working in a software company in Mumbai, I had a mix of jeans and other cotton pants, wanted to join IIM and post that, wanted to join a Mckinsey or a Lehman Brothers, wanted to get married only at 32, till then live alone on the 50th floor of a building overlooking a very busy road and drive a Mercedes.

Now, I am officially 32, happily married for more than 5 years with a kid, never did an MBA, working with one of the companies said above, again for more than 4 years, drive a santro, have just 1 jeans that too blue and my wardrobe is filled with formal clothes. Want to live on a 50th floor of a building with wifey and kid, overlooking a very busy road and want to drive Mercedes.

And strangely, do not seem to be missing any of the above which i didnt get. Thats life.

1 comment:

Shefali Sherrin said...

my dad always says - 'god gives u what u need, not what u want'. Isn't that a good thing?